With our central location, Marsco Bed and Breakfast is an ideal base from which to enjoy touring the Isle of Skye and exploring all parts of the wonderfully scenic island countryside.
Directions from Kyle of Lochalsh and the Skye Bridge:
- Cross Skye bridge, turn right at roundabout towards Broadford.
- Stay on the A87 for 16 miles to Sligachan Hotel.
Turn left onto A863 towards Dunvegan.
- Travel 5 miles to the Minginish junction.
Turn left onto B8009 for Carbost, Following the signs for the Talisker Distillery.
- After 1.5 miles you will see the sign for Marsco and Otter Lodge on your right.
Marsco is the 4th house on the right as you go up the hill.
If you reach the Glen Brittle turning on your left you have gone 150m too far!
Directions from the Mallaig – Armadale Ferry:
- Travel along A851 towards Broadford
- Turn left onto A87 and continue as above
Directions from Dunvegan (North Skye):
- Follow the A863 towards Sligachan
- After 19 miles turn right following the signs for Carbost and the Talisker Distillery
- Then as above
Directions from Portree:
- Take the A87 towards Broadford and the Skye Bridge
- After 9 miles turn right at the Sligachan Hotel
- Then as above
Important Note for Sat-Nav users:
Please check your route from Fort William as Sat-Nav units tend to take you the shortest route, which is via the Ferry!
If you are asked if you want to avoid the toll charge, do check as this seems to refer to the Ferry fare rather than a toll bridge charge, of which of course there is none!
Note on Distances:
We are approximately:
- 2 hours 15 minutes from Inverness
- 2 hours from Fort William
- 5 hours from Glasgow and Edinburgh